Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hello all!  It was a busy week for me behind the microphone with seven college basketball games during the week, including four games over a two-day span (Friday and Saturday).  Early in the week I was @ McKendree and SIUE for Men's Basketball..Friday and Saturday I had four games @ three different Universities (Washington University-St. Louis, McKendree and an SIUE road game @ SIU Carbondale).  I was also battling a horrible cold, which luckily I've been able to get rid of for the most part..I'd say I'm back to about 85 percent! 

With all of that said, Saturday was the highlight as the SIUE Women's Basketball team continued their hot start to the season w/ an overtime thriller against sister school, SIUC.  Cougars won 70-60 in OT..a BIG win for the program AND the University.  Thanks to a Raven Berry 10-footer that beat the horn in regulation, I got to call a buzzer-beater that sent us to OT.  I'm extremely excited for the week ahead..should be a great one.  Tuesday night it's SIUE Women vs. Bradley followed by SIUE Men vs. Ball State.  The weekend could be a busy one as well on the road...I will most likely be on the call of SIUE Women @ Depaul Friday and then @ IPFW on Sunday.  It's either that or alongside Joe Pott for SIUE Men @ Home on Saturday.  Either way, more and more college basketball.  I might also try to make it over to Chaifetz on Wednesday to check out the SLU Billikens in person for the first time this season..anyone who knows me is aware that I'm a HUGE SLU fan..always have been!  The Billikens have Vermont on Wednesday.

I'll be checking back in this week with some Grizzlies news most likely.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment