According to my countdown, 25 days until the Exhibition Opener, 29 days until the first broadcast on the Grizzlies Radio Network (May 13th EXH game) and just 34 days until Opening Day. I wish it was here tomorrow!
All in all, it's going to be an exciting Spring Training and hopefully an exciting season. I feel like Phil will put together a great ballclub and we'll be in for a fun 2012 summer. The offensive philosophy of the Grizzlies has changed, there is depth at nearly every position and the pitching staff is looking as solid as ever. That's a recipe for success.
There are numerous questions people ask heading into Spring Training. Here's a few:
- How will local products Aaron Conway (pictured right), Tim Brown and Cale Johnson perform close to home?
- Phil Warren has more speed than ever on his ballclub..just how many bases will the Grizzlies steal in '12?
- Who will close games for the Grizzlies in '12..will it be Chris Enourato (11 saves in '11), Richard Barrett, Maurice Bankston or someone else in the 'pen?
- Will John Shelby put up historic #'s in his first season with the Grizzlies?
- Can the Grizzlies reach the playoffs for the first since 2008?
It's my pleasure to bring you Gateway Grizzlies baseball on the radio and I can't wait for the season to start up in May. Go Grizzlies!
-Voice of the Grizzlies, Adam Young